“There is nobody like you, and once you realize that your entire future changes.”
– Peter Voogd
We came into this world with more talents and abilities than we could ever use, but our potential is only pulled out when we’re focused on our strengths and when we stay true to who we really are. Take very few advices. Start listening to voices of values, and those who have experience, idea and the reputation you’re striving to emulate. Listen to people who you would trade places with and listen to people who have already experienced the success you’re aiming for.
Stay away from:
• Broke people and those in debt giving money advice.
• Those overweight giving health advice.
• Those who hate what they do giving career or business advice.
• Divorced people giving marriage advice [Might work it they tell you what not to do.]
• Coaches who haven’t actually gotten results giving advice on how to get results.
• Parents promoting what they learned 30 years ago and not adopting to new economy.
• Business professors telling students to go into debt as the first step to building a business.
“If you really want success and you don’t have any mentor or guidance, you can get head start bu looking at what everybody is doing and do the opposite”
– Earl Nightingale
Let’s deal in reality:
- Most people over eat and eat based off pleasure Vs health.
- Most people don’t have enough energy to go after their dreams and goals.
- Most people sleep in and have no morning routine.
- Most people make excuses instead of progress.
- Most people focus on the negative Vs the positive.
- Most people spend more money than they make.
- Most people talk about success Vs take action.
- Most people go to college, go into debt, and get on unrelated job afterwards.
- Most people pray for weekends and hate Mondays.
- Most people sell themselves short.
- Most people associate with people who let them off the hook versus hold them accountable.
“DON’T BE LIKE MOST PEOPLE”
One way to be outstanding and become more valuable is to do what others are unwilling to do.
“Normal is waking at 06 am, fighting traffic and working eight hours. Normal is to slave at a job Monday to Friday save 10% and repeat for 50 years. Normal is to buy everything on credit. Normal is to believe the illusion that the stock market will make you rich. Normal is to believe that faster car and a bigger house will make you happy. You’re conditioned to accept normal based society’s already corrupted definition of wealth and because of it, normal itself is corrupted. Normal is modern day slavery. Don’t be normal”
– MJ Demarco
Figure out what makes you different and unique. How you can differentiate yourself from everybody else.